Twin SLAT is a highly flexible toy/ battery-power appliance controller for one or two toys, or other low-voltage appliances. It benefits from the following mode settings:
Did you know?
Twin SLAT may also be used to change the behaviour of a switch that is plugged into another piece of Assistive Technology equipment- for example an AAC device.
- Direct (outputs activate for as long as the switch is pressed)
- Latched (press the switch once for on and again for off)
- Timed (selectable time period from 5 seconds to 1 hour)
- Co-Operative Direct (turns on both outputs for as long as both switches are pressed)
- Co-Operative Latched (toggles both outputs whenever both switches are pressed)
- Co-Operative Timed (turns on both outputs for a period between 5 seconds and 1 hour when both switches are pressed)
- On/Off (Switch 1 turns on both outputs; Switch 2 turns off both outputs)
- Media Timed (pulses the output at the beginning and end of timer period).
When a timed output is selected, the time period is set using a two-digit LED display, in either seconds or minutes, between 5 seconds and 1 hour. A timed output can be cancelled early by pressing one button.
Co-Operative modes require two users to work together to turn on a toy or appliance. On/Off mode may either be used co-operatively (one user takes charge of ‘on’ and the other ‘off’) or can be used to great effect in separating the on and off tasks for a single user with cognitive impairment.
Media Timed mode is ideal for playing music for a limited period on media players with play/pause function). Some toys also work in a similar way and would benefit from this mode setting.
- Two independent channels.
- Two 3.5mm jack plug outputs via supplied leads.
- Choice of 8 operating modes
- Long battery life.
- Selectable time periods in timed modes.
- Automatic power saving mode- no on/off switch required (manual power-down option included).
- Toy and Appliance control.
- Switch Activities
Download the Twin SLAT User Documents