Track-IT! is designed for users with motor skill difficulties,
particularly those who find conventional access impractical.
It has a number of programmable options allowing the user to
personalise the unit for their particular needs.
In essence, it is a scanning mouse. The direction in which the
cursor travels can easily be selected using the ‘clock-face’ LED
array on the front of the device. If set to single switch operation,
the unit auto-scans around the clock face and then along the
four switch settings, then back to the 12 o’clock position, and so
on. Once the LED lights for the required operation, the user first
presses the switch to stop scanning.
A further press of the switch will then perform that operation,
whether it be cursor movement or a switch operation. You can
carry out the operation for any length of time but after a period
of non-use (Dwell Time), scanning re-commences.
Where the user has the dexterity for two-switch use, scanning
is performed manually using one switch and the currently
highlighted operation carried out with the other.
The third and fourth sockets can provide separate switch access
to left click, right click, double-click or drag where required.
Track-It! is a specialist product and won’t suit all users. Using
it requires patience. However, for certain users, it can provide
cursor access where all other assistive devices fail and as such it
is a valuable product in the assessor’s arsenal.
Track-IT! Customer Testimonial:
Teresa & I wanted to extend our thanks to your company for Track-It!
Teresa has ALS, as a consequence of which she has very little hand mobility. Supporting her hand on a table is difficult.
After so many false starts, Teresa is very happy to have something which gives her full mouse functionality on her laptop again -- in a form she can comfortably use!
Tony and Teresa Nardo
- Full 'mouse' functionality from a single switch.
- Four switch sockets available for those users able to operate more than one switch.
- Clock-face array from which the direction of cursor travel is selected.
- Selectable 4 or 8 directions of travel, each illuminated by an LED.
- 8 Scan Rate and Dwell Time settings.
- Cursor speed control settings.
- 4 mouse click functions, each illuminated by an LED.
- Mouse left/right click, double click and drag lock buttons selectable using either the single switch or the additional switch sockets provided.
- Mounting stand for positioning close to the computer screen.
- Variable time settings for the clock-face LED array and mouse click buttons.
- Does not require driver software - ideal for contract managed computer systems
- Computer Access
- Switch Activities
Download the Track-IT! User Documents