Fascia Mounted Trackballs And Joysticks
Designed for demanding industrial environments, PanelX™ builds on the proven design of Pretorian Technology’s PanelPro™ panel mounting trackballs. They incorporate a PanelPro™ 38mm trackball or 50mm trackball into a convenient brushed stainless steel fascia for easy mounting into a larger panel.
These units also incorporate either one, two or three buttons, according to the application requirements, and benefit from an attractive brushed stainless steel fascia.
Available with phenolic resin, or stainless steel balls to provide permanent mirror finish appearance. A robust, durable metal bezel may be fitted to the unit in contrasting black anodised aluminium or stainless steel.
The PanelJ™ Joystick is especially suitable for use in aggressive environments where high levels of airborne and process contaminants (dust, saline solutions, liquids, lubricants etc) would render other pointing/input devices inoperable; and also in clean rooms and medical applications where extensive use of cleaning solutions make other pointing/input devices unviable.
The PanelJ™ differs from the PanelX™ units in that it features a rugged self-centering, omni-directional joystick in place of a trackball.
A shock-transmission plate can also be fitted to either type unit to further protect it against abuse.
- Brushed stainless steel fascia plate.
- Three vandal-resistant stainless steel buttons.
- IP65 (NEMA4) static seal.
- Phase Quadrature, USB, PS2, Microsoft, Sun and Mouse Systems protocols from a single unit.
- Z-axis inputs for scroll wheel options.
- Optional satin finished, stainless steel or black anodized aluminium bezel to protect the the seal, ball and internal mechanism. (PanelX™)
- Phenolic, and solid stainless steel ball options. (PanelX™)
- Industrial automation.
- Processing industries.
- Air traffic control/radar equipment.
- Air traffic control/marine/radar equipment.
- Mining, Quarrying, Milling.
- Power generation.
- Brewing and food processing.
Application Notes Archive
Below are a series of links to the Applications Notes which have been compiled to assist systems developers and users. Please ensure you have an up to date version of adobe acrobat reader installed on your computer. If you have specific questions which are not addressed by these Applications Notes, please contact us.