Mechanical Design Engineer
Pretorian Technologies is a small but highly dynamic ISO9001 registered company based in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire. It designs, produces and sells both Assistive Technology (products for the disabled) and Industrial Input Devices. It has an enviable reputation for innovation, product quality and customer service. Staff enjoy a relaxed working environment with excellent benefits and an extremely high sense of job satisfaction.
The Company is expanding rapidly and expects to open an office in USA in 2018. Most of its sales are to export markets and the company has distributors in most countries.
Pretorian is a very tight-knit team, has an extremely low staff turnover and genuinely values its staff.
Due to the retirement of its existing mechanical design engineer, the Company wishes to recruit an experienced engineer to take on his role. The successful candidate will have a degree in mechanical engineering (HND/HNC considered) with experience of SolidWorks 3D CAD, particularly in the design of plastic injection moulded parts.
The principal responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist with definition of new products based on existing product range and evaluation of customer demand.
- Design of the mechanical aspects of new products, including the design of plastic injection mouldings using SolidWorks 3D CAD.
- Liaison with the other members of the engineering team during the design process. Liaison with suppliers to bring new products through to fruition.
- Maintenance of the Company’s controlled drawing system.
- Project management of new products from design through to production roll-out. This includes production of assembly instructions, jigs and fixtures to enable manufacture.
- Management of on-going product life testing, including the production of life testing equipment.
- Assist with providing pre and post-sales customer support.
- As can be expected of any role in a small company, the successful candidate will be flexible enough to embrace other aspects of the job as the need arises.
In return, Pretorian offers a competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience, plus pension, a subsidised canteen and numerous other ad hoc benefits.
Career progression is generally achieved through the growth of the Company and, with the opening of the US office, this can be expected to be rapid.
To apply for this role, please forward your CV and covering letter to: